External DVB-S/S2 tuner. Is this possible?

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

majonezz
SamyGO Project Donor

External DVB-S/S2 tuner. Is this possible?

Post by majonezz »

Hi guys, as many of you, i want to have all-in-one tv solution in my room. In this matter, my b650 is almost perfect, but... Not long after i buy my b650, they released b679 model for Germany, Austria and maybe some other countries. New models have integrated dvb-s tuner. In another topic at hardware section i wrote a request for pictures of b679 motherboard to compare it with my PCB. It seems, that only hw difference between models is RF tuner. But there are some questions i can't figure out. For example i don't know, if firmwares are the same and even if they are, then i guess some actions in service menu should be done after replacing RF part. This is complicated and risky (and expensive, becouse dvb-t-c-s tuner is about 100euro), so i have another idea.
Is there any possibility to connect external DVB-s tuner to our tv's via USB? There are some available models on the net, for example:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/24728 ... B_2_0.html
It's BDA compatible, so it has linux support i guess. What do you think?
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: External DVB-S/S2 tuner. Is this possible?

Post by erdem_ua »

I think you can add DVBS tuner to your TV but I I don't think that if it's easily works.
679 series has CI+ software, B650's are using CI and some others uses CI+ software.

I don't know if that module fits to your MB. If you try that, I advice you to use exactly same tuner that used in B679's.
Because tuners might have different control logic.
nostromo1983

Post by nostromo1983 »

I find the idea to support external USB tuner is interesting and could be doable in theory using Linux drivers for example pinnacle drivers, but it maybe be very difficult, practically, to integrate the tuner into the Samsung TV source interface. Building a dedicated internet@tv application is another option but it's also very hard and time consuming i guess.
Samsung LE32B554 T-CH5DEUC 2006.0 with patched u-boot for usb boot with OpenEmbedded custom kernel with network supported and usb rootfs
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

I didn't think if TV recognize that usb DVB-S tuner. Kernel might recognize it if it has compatible drivers but exeDSP.
marmik

Post by marmik »

Yes is possible with Nessie DVB see on nessiedvb . com
Nessie is virtual tunner for tv uses dlna and for pc and linux sat boxes like dreambox,ipbox and other.
IPBox9900HDPlus500GB-2xDVB-S2/
OpenPLi-own compilation/oscam-if is possible last
TVSamsungLedUE32B7000+SamyGOapps
-SKYPE/marmik57
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Here is xupnpd dlna server binary for dreambox. If needed...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
marmik

Post by marmik »

@TobiasClaren
Nessie not use tuner on tv,but tv or dreambox or pc use one of two dvb-s2 tuners on nessie via lan.
You may ask on nessie forum.
For dlna on dreambox you can try TVersity client for dreambox and Tversity for pc.
If you want links or .ipk send me mesage.I can't insert any url-new user.
IPBox9900HDPlus500GB-2xDVB-S2/
OpenPLi-own compilation/oscam-if is possible last
TVSamsungLedUE32B7000+SamyGOapps
-SKYPE/marmik57

Return to “[B] Brainstorm”