Sopcast Tv Integration Project

This is general talk area for things that NOT RELATED WITH TV! Instead, about internal works like web site, forum, wiki, or talking, etc...

iulian0512

Sopcast Tv Integration Project

Post by iulian0512 »

Hello, i am working on a personal project which i hope will be appreciated by the entire UPNP/DLNA tv user community. In short i want to stream the sopcast streams to tv fom PC and allow the user to change the channels using a mobile web browser. In addition i also want to make the channel switch quite fast (4-5 secs with prebuffered channels) compared to a regular flow where the user changes channel then channel buffers then playback (which takes much more time depending on network). My initiative is to buffer the channel on a PC first then stream it to TV. Below I have drawn a diagram to illustrate how it will work.
SopServDiagram.JPG
The current state of this project is about 70% done so far the current prototype concept proofed all all my design goals. (Yes it can change channels quite fast if they are buffered). However the good news end here, my Samsung TV UE42F5500 that I have been testing unexpectedly stops the stream without any error/diagnostic messages, just stops like pressing stop button. This stop occurs at random time intervals, sometimes the stream plays for 20 mins sometimes for 4min. Since then I have spent many hours on investigating the issue and tried many things with little success.
At one point I had the idea to use wireshark to see if maybe there is a network problem and then I found out that the tv indeed seems to have a network problem. After a while the tv sends a series of Zero Window Packets then playback stops. I tried to limit the throughput of my app to about 200 kb\s but with inconclusive results. Then I said to myself well I should be synced with the TV meaning that I should know that for 1 second of playback I should send X bytes. Done that and gave the TV 4 seconds of playback in advance and it still stops after a while.
wiresharkCapture.jpg
192.168.0.103 => TV (Samsung UE42F5500)
192.168.0.101 => PC (tv and pc are both connected to router using cable no wifi)
tv-capture.zip
At this point I don?t know what else should I do, I even tried the Samsung tv emulator but it does not support UPNP so it?s of no use to me.
I got some suggestions to create a tv app and play the stream there, yes I could do that but then it?s no longer compatible with other TVs. My goal is to allow everyone to use it for free of course, always and forever.

I am open to any suggestions on what to try/investigate. I can share the source code (C# .NET) maybe I missed something who knows and we can have a skype session to explain the source (it?s still a prototype some things are not clear at first sight).
All contributors will be mentioned in the final release no matter how small their contribution was.
Thank you for your time, if you know someone that can advise on this please direct them here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
iulian0512

Re: Sopcast Tv Integration Project

Post by iulian0512 »

I solved the problem. There were some issues with the intermediate buffer which was emptied prematurely.

Return to “General”