PVR possible on UE32J5200AKXZT?

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

MrKappa

Re: PVR possible on UE32J5200AKXZT?

Post by MrKappa »

zoelechat wrote:If you found a way to send FACTORY key, you must be able to find REC key as well :)
Sure, if it's available but there is nothing in the GUI. I don't have a factory key in the RCU but I could open using an Android app "Service Remote Control". If I open the TV EPG I have only the option to set the program for watching and not for recording.

Just to confirm this is what I did:
- enable factory menu, disabled firmware update OTN to OFF
- Hotel mode to ON (on my tv is called "Hospitality"). Then TV OFF
- Clone to USB to prepare an external HDD connected to USB port: OK
- TV ON and set PVR option to ON
- Hotel mode to OFF. TV OFF
- TV ON and searching for recording option on EPG but no changes.
If I open the Service menu PVR option is still ON.

Further info:
I don't have any option to set Gemsamsupport (I read from others that it might be useful for PVR)
I set PVR record count to 1 from 0 and reboot but no changes. :(
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

What zoelechat meant is that FIRST when your TV DOES support PVR you go to some DVB channel and press REC key on remote. ONLY AFTER THAT you see some "changes in gui" :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
MrKappa

Post by MrKappa »

sectroyer wrote:What zoelechat meant is that FIRST when your TV DOES support PVR you go to some DVB channel and press REC key on remote. ONLY AFTER THAT you see some "changes in gui" :)
I understood this, but my RCU does not have any record function. Please, see the attached picture. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Samsung remotes are not missing on Android :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
MrKappa

Post by MrKappa »

zoelechat wrote:Samsung remotes are not missing on Android :)
Thanks for the nice idea. Tried. When I push "REC" button I get "Not available" message on the screen. Other buttons are working of course.
Before I didnt push factory reset. Is it necessary then?
I can also try to change tv model to another but not tried yet.
Thanks again!!
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

You can also try play/pause it ALSO enables formatting. If that doesn't work simply block updates on router and wait :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
MrKappa

Post by MrKappa »

I rebooted the router and tv and pushed REC on key on "android" RCU and now a new menu appeared with option to record audio or video.
When I record video anyway it's recording with smaller size video and image is glittering. I tried on both external HDD and a USB key.
Maybe the TV is not capable or it's due to some other setting?
Also I don't have the rec option available on EPG. I can only push REC using the smart phone.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

MrKappa wrote:I rebooted the router and tv and pushed REC on key on "android" RCU and now a new menu appeared with option to record audio or video.
When I record video anyway it's recording with smaller size video and image is glittering. I tried on both external HDD and a USB key.
Maybe the TV is not capable or it's due to some other setting?
Also I don't have the rec option available on EPG. I can only push REC using the smart phone.
Check play/pause buttons:)

Return to “[J] Support”