Now, I have a few questions/observations...
1. Once you unlock the pin code you can't "rearm" it by reinjecting the lib. It would be nice to have a mechanism to re-enable the pin-code on demand so that it can be locked/unlocked programmatically.
2. Once the channels are locked is there any way to remove the pin-code restriction programmatically? Meaning - the screen shows the "Input pin code" prompt, but if you disable the pin lock one of two things could happen:
2.1 The enter pin "dialog" automatically dissapears allowing the viewer to view unrestricted
2.2 The dialog remains, but accepts any pin as input and does a fake unlock (or dissapers altogether) on any keypress (e.g. CH+/CH-).
3. Possibly a slight bug - If I keep pressing CH+/CH- or change Source when the Enter ping code dialog is shown, I still can't see any content (yay!), but I can't enter data in the pin code dialog. When I start typing a digit the dialog resets back to blank and I can't finish inputting anything. I doubt that this is a bug you can fix, so don't worry about it - I just wanted to let you know.
Now, about the first two points - I'm not completely crazy, but here's my use case. Have cron turn off TV access at a specific time and turn access back on at a different time. The on/off time can be pretty close - e.g. in a 30 min interval, so that the little one can only watch a specific show on TV. But to do this, I'd need to be able to turn the pin code off on demand. Can you help out?
Also, a related question - is there any way to programmatically change the actual pin code? I figure it won't take long for the kids to brute force 4 digits... )
Actually I'm not really willing to come back to that lib I already did reluctantly
1) In state no, because it's resident lib and it can't be reinjected
2) Same as 1, in state no intended "interactivity".
3) Yeah, because I count keypresses and I expect a multiple of 4 !! (some dirty kludge to make lib compatible from B to H).
No number) Anyway your kids already know Mute>8>2>4>Power to reset pincode
Otherwise the brute-force approach for what I want would be to reset the tv (thanks to you I know how) when I want to disable pin-code. I wonder if I can find out if the pin-code dialog is shown onscreen or if its unlocked... The log says "[LockTV] Right pin entered, unlocking TV!", so I could look for that at least...
I didn't know about that key combination... Hmmm, but if they resort to that they blow their cover - still not knowing the old pin to set it again, and I would know...
It's generally admitted there are "resident" and "non-resident" ones, but I'm not a good teachermad_ady wrote:there are two types of libs - resident and "transient"
All depends if you want "one-shot" or "survey" stuff. And no it's not possible to "exit" from a resident lib (I'm not the author of samyGOso and I understand half of it...). Anyway there are always possible workarounds, just that any improvement to that lib is not on my agenda.
You can launch lib on startup, then remotely reboot TV when you want pincode to be prompted again (for example...)