[App] Browser Fix. F/H

Here are software that related with Samsung H series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

[App] Browser Fix. F/H

Post by sectroyer »

This patch disables "All" category and/or binds to KEY_CHLIST full tools menu or just remove file ui.
SpoilerShow
What the patch does: On F/H KEY_TOOLS doesn't open tools menu in browser :( as a result I add this option and use KEY_CHLIST instead. Also there is "all category" except video/photos, etc. I prefer to have video in place of "all" :)
  1. Extract attached archives and copy libBrowserFix.so to /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso
  2. samyGOso v1.2.1 or higher is mandatory, copy/overwrite attached one to /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/bin
  3. Set permissions if needed (usually not if overwritten)

Code: Select all

chmod 755 /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/bin/samyGOso
  4. Execute: Five configurations are possible, without params injecting does nothing.

samyGOso -r -p `pidof exeAPP` -d -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libBrowserFix.so disable_all_category remove_edit_mode

samyGOso -r -p `pidof exeAPP` -d -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libBrowserFix.so disable_all_category

samyGOso -r -p `pidof exeAPP` -d -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libBrowserFix.so disable_all_category full_tools_menu

samyGOso -r -p `pidof exeAPP` -d -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libBrowserFix.so full_tools_menu

samyGOso -r -p `pidof exeAPP` -d -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libBrowserFix.so remove_edit_mode
    Logfile is written to: /dtv/BrowserFix.log
  5. Autostart:
    1. Copy 99_98_BrowserFix.init from archive to /mnt/etc/init.d
      SpoilerShow
      Default script params are disable_all_category and full_tools_menu, you can change PARAMS value on top of script. Five same possibilities as above:

PARAMS="disable_all_category remove_edit_mode"
      PARAMS="disable_all_category"
      PARAMS="disable_all_category full_tools_menu"
      PARAMS="full_tools_menu"
      PARAMS="remove_edit_mode"
    2. Set permissions

chmod 755 /mnt/etc/init.d/99_98_BrowserFix.init
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
Lorenz0
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] Browser Fix

Post by Lorenz0 »

Hi sectroyer,

for the dumb: is this patch for the tv recordings browser or just for the "normal" movies on USB?

Thanks,

Lorenz0
UE40F6470 rooted again after a factory reset
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Lorenz0 wrote:Hi sectroyer,

for the dumb: is this patch for the tv recordings browser or just for the "normal" movies on USB?

Thanks,

Lorenz0
For Both :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
bobiturboto
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by bobiturboto »

Thank you for the patch. After the fix my SamyGo starting for about 10 min.
I will try to disable autostart and let you know, do the things will back to normal.
The log file is attached below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bobiturboto
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by bobiturboto »

I think samyGOso v1.2.1 doing my slow loading, I've disabled init script for browser fix, but the situation is still the same.
I will try to find the original file from the image data file.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

bobiturboto wrote:I think samyGOso v1.2.1 doing my slow loading, I've disabled init script for browser fix, but the situation is still the same.
I will try to find the original file from the image data file.
Attached version is v1.2.2 :)
SamyGOso is not used at all until injectable patches are applied (usually among 99_9x.. scripts). Anyway, it should have no effect on how long SamyGO itself takes to start, as these scripts are launched only at the very end.
I'd guess your problem has nothing to do with patching. On E series, TV is doing ghost updates for ~10min every few reboots, then SamyGO starts. Maybe F became affected as well? :D
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
bobiturboto
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by bobiturboto »

I found where is my issue, I have enabled ntp client, and the server has gone, and this cause the timeout (my ntp client is the first script 01_01 :) ) .
Sorry about the confusion but this happen directly after the install of the patch, and I though that the issue is from the files.
I've upgraded to SamyGOso v1.2.4 and now everything is perfect (with active ntp server :) ).
Thank you about this Browser Fix, it's very needed extra about me.
I already asked sectroyer about folder deletion, but may be is still impossible, right ?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

bobiturboto wrote:I already asked sectroyer about folder deletion, but may be is still impossible, right ?
Theoretically everything is possible, but you can trust sectroyer if he's already answered in the negative about its feasibility ;)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote:
bobiturboto wrote:I already asked sectroyer about folder deletion, but may be is still impossible, right ?
Theoretically everything is possible, but you can trust sectroyer if he's already answered in the negative about its feasibility ;)
Of course it's possible if you add it yourself :) I don't plan on doing so:)
bobiturboto
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by bobiturboto »

I wish I can, but unfortunately I don't know how

Return to “[H] Software”