hardware differences UEXXC6000 C6000

This forum for information that related with C series hardware instead of firmware/software.

mescall2000

Re: hardware differences UEXXC6000 C6000

Post by mescall2000 »

k4roshi wrote:First of all the images have to be < 64MB, because, even if the flash is 128MB it has to store 2 firmware images, one as a backup. So you would have to rip it down to 64MB from 134.. quite hard. And even if it was possible we would have to resign the full update package before trying to apply it, which, afaik, is something we cannot yet do. I'd love to be proved wrong though.
Apparently, after running some tests, the only thing the tv complains about when trying to flash a full valdeuc firmware image is that it doesn't fit. So i think that a "transplant" of a flash from a donor running t-valdeuc should work.
So if you have the skills to solder it, the equipment to flash it and someone willing to send you a full flash dump of a 1gb image (if you're buying it empty), and the courage to do it, well it has some chance of actually working. :P
Our best bet would be redirecting some of the firmware parts (internet@tv executables and widgets for instance) to an usb key. But again we would need the ability to flash custom images or at least root access to the tv.
if what you say are true, if we chroot entire system, we are able to do a dd if=/dev/flash0 of=/mnt/usb/dump and then write the resulting 1GB image (first 128MB) to the tv with smaller flashrom.
It is true? via a exlink cable we are able to do a full memory dump? (may take hours at 115200bps......)
mescall2000

Post by mescall2000 »

k4roshi wrote:Taking a full image dump of a T-valdeuc image is not a problem at all. The problem is that we can't execute anything on val6deuc firmwares. Debug console is extremely limited.
i'll try to get more information about this...
tempinbox

Post by tempinbox »

mescall2000 wrote:
k4roshi wrote:First of all the images have to be < 64MB, because, even if the flash is 128MB it has to store 2 firmware images, one as a backup. So you would have to rip it down to 64MB from 134.. quite hard. And even if it was possible we would have to resign the full update package before trying to apply it, which, afaik, is something we cannot yet do. I'd love to be proved wrong though.
Apparently, after running some tests, the only thing the tv complains about when trying to flash a full valdeuc firmware image is that it doesn't fit. So i think that a "transplant" of a flash from a donor running t-valdeuc should work.
So if you have the skills to solder it, the equipment to flash it and someone willing to send you a full flash dump of a 1gb image (if you're buying it empty), and the courage to do it, well it has some chance of actually working. :P
Our best bet would be redirecting some of the firmware parts (internet@tv executables and widgets for instance) to an usb key. But again we would need the ability to flash custom images or at least root access to the tv.
if what you say are true, if we chroot entire system, we are able to do a dd if=/dev/flash0 of=/mnt/usb/dump and then write the resulting 1GB image (first 128MB) to the tv with smaller flashrom.
It is true? via a exlink cable we are able to do a full memory dump? (may take hours at 115200bps......)
There isn't dd in busybox you need to install a full busybox first to make dump of a t-valdeuc fw.

Return to “[C] Hardware”