ps2 + component cable + d4003

General Forum for talking area for D series TVs.

Gia90

ps2 + component cable + d4003

Post by Gia90 »

Hi guys,
I was wondering how good would my old ps2 picture quality be on my new Samsung tv...

So today i took my ps2 and my ps2 component cable to' connect it to' my tv, and tien i realized that my model does not have any component port!!

Now, what cheap solution can i use, keeping in mind that my tv has only 2 hdmi (one of which as "dvi" support i think since it is written near the port) and a scart (rgb)?

Would a component to scart work?
And what about hdmi/dvi? Does it support analog input?

Please help understanding something more : D thx!!!
Hacking is not a crime!
UE40D7000, UE19D4003@D5005, BD-D5300
Gia90

Re: ps2 + component cable + d4003

Post by Gia90 »

No one can help me?
Hacking is not a crime!
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

I think if someone knew, you already had the answer..
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Gia90

Post by Gia90 »

juuso wrote:I think if someone knew, you already had the answer..
Well, you're right juuso, but i still hope to see a new answer :D

Anyway, in the meanwhile, i've found these adapters (component to scart)
but i still don't know if samsung' scart supports component input :?
Hacking is not a crime!
ymasgo

Post by ymasgo »

Should work if it's the right adapter.

I've got one of those RCA to Scart adapters for the european PS2 and it works in the UExxD6500.
Looks like this:

Also note:
The Nintendo GameCube, Wii, Dreamcast, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox and Xbox 360 can output RGB, component video, S-Video, or composite video. These consoles come with the standard composite video connector, but the manufacturers and third parties sell connectors for component video hookup and for RGB SCART hookup. Where the Nintendo GameCube and Xbox automatically switch to the proper mode, the PlayStation 2 must be told via a selection in the system menu whether it is to use YPBPR or RGB video.
Gia90

Post by Gia90 »

ymasgo wrote:Should work if it's the right adapter.
I've got one of those RCA to Scart adapters for the european PS2 and it works in the UExxD6500.
Thx ymasgo :D

Yeah, i've also used the rca adapter till now, but i'd like to use the component cable to gain better picture quality.

I've tried connecting my ps2 to another TV (40" D7000) with a standard composite cable and then with the component cable:
Using the first (rca cable + scart adapter), the picture quality was very disappointing and too bad compared to the latter (component), which looked awesome! :o

So i would like to use the component cable also on my tv (which, as you can read, doesn't have component input, but just scart and hdmi).

So the adapters i posted should be the one i need, but the problem is: will they work :?:

It depend's on the kind of scart my tv uses:
if it does support the component input (YPbPr colors and not just RGB),then it will work!

So i need this tech info about my tv, but i haven't found anything about it yet...
ymasgo wrote:Also note:
The Nintendo GameCube, Wii, Dreamcast, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox and Xbox 360 can output RGB, component video, S-Video, or composite video. These consoles come with the standard composite video connector, but the manufacturers and third parties sell connectors for component video hookup and for RGB SCART hookup. Where the Nintendo GameCube and Xbox automatically switch to the proper mode, the PlayStation 2 must be told via a selection in the system menu whether it is to use YPBPR or RGB video.
Yes, i know about it (i discovered this option into the ps2 menu, while i was trying to make it work on D7000)
Hacking is not a crime!
ymasgo

Post by ymasgo »

Comparing just YPbPr and RGB: YPbPr is inferior to RGB as it's compressend and the later isn't.

Tho i have no idea how the internal video processing pipeline of the PS2 works, like if it can render in RGB natively or just converts it to RGB if needed. Or how the D7000 processes YPbPr/RGB coming from SCART internally. (Only had the UE40D6500 which can't reproduce 4:4:4 ever and internally always subsamples to 4:2:0 and yes it looked awful)

Return to “[D] General”