UE40B7020 now CI+ enabled?

Here is information about customize your B series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

marcelru
Official SamyGO Developer

UE40B7020 now CI+ enabled?

Post by marcelru »

I just had a look at the firmware download area at Samsung's. The firmware for my TV ue40b7020 used to be T-CHU7DEUC, now it seems to be T-CHUCIPDEUC. CI+ enabled, plus the encryption that comes with it. That may mean 3 things:

Samsung made a mistake in their website.
T-CHU7DEUC and T-CHUCIPDEUC are more or less the same, and can be installed and run on the same machine.
T-CHUCIPDEUC is for newer TV's only, and older ones cannot upgrade (if it really is one) anymore.

Whatever the case may be, I am not ready to upgrade, because this upgrade will either fail or ruin my telnet access and all handy things that come with it until someone finds a hack for the CI+ enabled firmwares.

marcelr
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: UE40B7020 now CI+ enabled?

Post by erdem_ua »

I wanted to know that, If you upgrade CI+ version, and than use "revert firmware" feature, will old firmware will sit on the flash or not?
If old firmware not erased, than we can capture all data we need to enable CI+ firmware.

If you decide to flash your firmware with T-CHUCIPDEUC, please revert back (if it still supports to non CI+ firmware) and dump your bios! :twisted:
marcelru
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: UE40B7020 now CI+ enabled?

Post by marcelru »

Hi Erdem,

I think it turned out to be option 1: mistake.
Just had a look again and now it's both T-CHUCIPDEUC and T-CHU7DEUC.
I'll stick to the T-CHU7DEUC I guess ...

marcelr

Return to “[B] Firmware”