Locale_Set

General Forum for talking area for E series TVs.

jpest

Locale_Set

Post by jpest »

Hi all,

I bought an UE55ES8000 in Italy and I found it a great TV, but during the first installation process I discovered that this TV is made for east europe market. Well, I tried to change the Locale_Set in the service menu from EU to EU_ITALY but it was locked out. Then I tried to use ruSamsungTvCommunicator and it works but it is not able to unlock the Locale_Set menu, after pressing Factory+3Speed buttons nothing happens. Someone in the Internet says that the new firmware prevents such operation. I have T-ECPDEUC 2004.1 firmware
In the WIKI for this TV family I can find a trick for sending the factory+3speed codes by IR, using a media player coupled to two leds and a wav soundtrack but I think it is the same than using ruSamsungTvCommunicator.
What can I do else?

Please help!
JPest
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Locale_Set

Post by juusso »

this is not same. You have to use IR method.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
jpest

Post by jpest »

juuso wrote:this is not same. You have to use IR method.

Thanks for the advise. I'll retrieve the material and try, then, I'll post the feeddback.
cronin

Post by cronin »

jpest

Post by jpest »

I'm so grateful for your help. The trick worked like a charm. Congratulations for this very useful forum.
Thanks again
vuhothang

Post by vuhothang »

I want change local set atv-viet to dtv-viet but in SM the local set is disable. I was try using ruSamCom but not have extmenu to change local set and allshare on. My tv is 40EH5300Rxxv, ruSamCom can connect to mytv, rusam can remote control any fuction on tv. When i turn off tv and going to SM, i must reconnect rusamcom with tv, it can connect, but when i press Factory then 3speed i can't see allshare to change on and local set still disable. Help me to enable any values and extmenu in SM.my tv firmware 1100 fixed online video on web, i was download it from mysamsung.vn
Thanks!
UA40Eh5300 modi to UE46Eh5300 with DVB-TC
UA32EH4003 try to using DVB-C
vuhothang

Post by vuhothang »

i was success all works with dual ir transmitter with EH5300 but not success with EH4003.
UA40Eh5300 modi to UE46Eh5300 with DVB-TC
UA32EH4003 try to using DVB-C
televeyes

Post by televeyes »

I recently witnessed successful unlocking of the Locale and Info Link options in the Service Menu of a French Samsung TV model UE32ES6710SXZF (i.e. an E-Series ES6710), using a Samsung Galaxy S4 mobile phone's IR Blaster (infra-red LED) to send the relevant factory remote control key codes. Full details are at viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4109&p=52952#p52952. N.B. The ruSamsungTVCommunicator Windows application was tried previously, and while it connected to the TV and could be used to send remote control key sequences, it appears that this model of TV/its firmware no longer accepts Factory and 3Speed codes via the network remote.

Return to “[E] General”