help needed on making use of the call monitor service

General Forum for talking area for B series TVs.

goaskin

Re: help needed on making use of the call monitor service

Post by goaskin »

If RemoveMessage is not implemented - is there another way to avoid messages from beeing repeated again and again if there is no interaction from the TV-watcher?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

cillaelery wrote:Okay, I have built a very light java app that sends an sms alert to my TV....
Hey! great news! How about writing java app with text box for input some text? Like true sms sender? You be able then send a message to your tv from anywhere via internet. You could check via telnet is TV powered on or not. Simple settings file (to set some variables for customize IP, receiver name and other things would be good too.)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

I think it is not too hard to discover upnp via scanning local IP's port.
I am looking new android phones after using T650 for 5 years. It still working. But I wanted to enter programming world of Android.
I like HTC Desire, gonna buy it. If god permits to buy that, I can test your application after :)
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: send a message to your tv from anywhere via internet?

Post by juusso »

meinsource wrote: If you are connected then you might use some notifier tool to input some "SMS-like text" and this tool displays it to your TV at home (if available).
Exactly! That is what i`m thinking about. Some simple program with GUI to connect thru the router to 52235 port :)
meinsource wrote:I guess you don't want to open your upnp ports at your firewall, right?
Why not? I`ve opened few ports with port forwarding in to my local area devices. It works perfectly. Why do i need send sms message if it possible to write via internet from any computer or from mobile phone via wi-fi?
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Why do you think, that i have opened port 52235?
External port is different, i just use port forwarding to local port 52235. Yes, the posibility still remains, that my tv can be hacked from anywhere. :roll: In one hand, I will think about security. In another hand, it is not practical to have all the time wi-fi on (cellphone-TV) due high power consumption and short batery life as a result...
BTW, my IP is.... :mrgreen:

Return to “[B] General”