View USB recodings on PC

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

mrdata

View USB recodings on PC

Post by mrdata »

Hi!

My TV is a 55H6600. Can anyone please help me in getting recorded video from my TV to my PC?

I have searched the web all day and came quite far. I've found old instrictions that seem to have worked two years ago, but it seems there is nothing is newer than, say, 2012. This suggests to me that Samsung has changed their encryption in a way that you can't decrypt it anymore? I really don't know where else I could search. I am beginner and am happy that I got to your forum by reading a couple of hours.

The methods I found involved copying the srf files from the USB drive via Linux to my PC and then use DeSTRoi.exe to decrypt. I've managed to do all that but my "decrypted" files won't play.

Thanks for any hints!!!

Cheers!
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: View USB recodings on PC

Post by sectroyer »

mrdata wrote:Hi!

My TV is a 55H6600. Can anyone please help me in getting recorded video from my TV to my PC?

I have searched the web all day and came quite far. I've found old instrictions that seem to have worked two years ago, but it seems there is nothing is newer than, say, 2012. This suggests to me that Samsung has changed their encryption in a way that you can't decrypt it anymore? I really don't know where else I could search. I am beginner and am happy that I got to your forum by reading a couple of hours.

The methods I found involved copying the srf files from the USB drive via Linux to my PC and then use DeSTRoi.exe to decrypt. I've managed to do all that but my "decrypted" files won't play.

Thanks for any hints!!!

Cheers!
No (official) rooting method. No way to do what you want :) No root = not possible :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
mrdata

Post by mrdata »

Hi!

Thanks for the quick reply! Doesn't sound so optimistic ;)

No "official" rooting method? Is the remainder of the tricks offered in this community officially form Samsung? Or is it simply too early and the new devices have not been reversed engineered enough?

Cheers!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

mrdata wrote:it is simply too early and the new devices have not been reversed engineered enough
Exactly :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
mrdata

Post by mrdata »

Well, I'm curious to soon find updates of the topic and wish you good luck in getting things done :)
arakelov

Post by arakelov »

mrdata wrote:Well, I'm curious to soon find updates of the topic and wish you good luck in getting things done :)
Me too. I bought a ue40h6640 some days ago and I'm looking forward to edit recordings on my PC. I'll be patient ;)
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

arakelov wrote:
mrdata wrote:Well, I'm curious to soon find updates of the topic and wish you good luck in getting things done :)
Me too. I bought a ue40h6640 some days ago and I'm looking forward to edit recordings on my PC. I'll be patient ;)
Hehe, WIP. Now holidays anyway so probably after the summer ;)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

Return to “[H] Brainstorm”