I have a few general questions about my H6400 and I didn't want to start multiple threads. Here goes:
1. I have customized my channel list and uploaded the new channels. They worked well, except a day or two later I got all the channels once more in the TV. Do I need to disable some sort of automatic TV channel scan? If yes, where would I do this?
2. The Samsung Hub application list (for my country) is rubbish (as I expected). There are a lot of payed content apps, and a lot of useless/obscure apps (except XKCD - I didn't expect that one but was pleased with it). I'd like to know if I'm missing out on anything "cool" so, is there an online repository of apps (+ descriptions) that I could browse? This way, maybe, if I like something I can change my region to download a specific app.
3. There are a few "payed view" apps which I can't uninstall. Is there a way to uninstall them without root? If not, I will wait for a suitable root.
4. Has anyone heard of apps for pdf/epub reading?
5. I was shocked to find out the TV can't read Windows/Samba/NFS shares. According to the online help I need to install some software in my windows PC to be able to share files. Well, guess what - I have a Linux NAS and that won't do. Can the stock firmware access samba/NFS, and if yes can somebody point me to a guide, or, again, do I have to be rooted?
6. I like the youtube feature where you can play youtube content to your TV (similar to a chromecast). The chromecast also had the ability to send a web page over to browse on the TV. Do you know of any way to share a web site link from an android device to the TV's browser? (without retyping the address).
7. I guess the youtube client doesn't support multiple accounts, does it?
Thanks for the help
TV uses Xorg. You can compile some linux pdf/epub reader from source(c/c++ etc). And when you get root, you will be able to run it. OR you can make some tv widget with https://github.com/mozilla/pdf.js/ and try to read some pdf files using it. I tried online demo http://mozilla.github.io/pdf.js/web/viewer.html in TV browser and it works!mad_ady wrote:4. Has anyone heard of apps for pdf/epub reading?
Need rootmad_ady wrote:Can the stock firmware access samba/NFS, and if yes can somebody point me to a guide, or, again, do I have to be rooted?
One more question - Can the stock firmware browse DLNA "shares"? As far as I can see it can't. It can only access shares if you install their program on Windows (so browsing my NAS is out of the question)...