[ROOT] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

barrymossel
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Post by barrymossel »

Hmm, rooted my ES6300 through this method some time ago. But all of a sudden last week it stopped working (no ftp/telnet access, no mounts). Today I rooted again and everything works again, but I was wondering how this could happen? I have OTN off (service menu).

Anyone an idea?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

barrymossel wrote:Hmm, rooted my ES6300 through this method some time ago. But all of a sudden last week it stopped working (no ftp/telnet access, no mounts). Today I rooted again and everything works again, but I was wondering how this could happen? I have OTN off (service menu).

Anyone an idea?
Yeah it might happen on E-MST because of startup Smarthub updates, especially if something related to Web Browser is updated (or if you accept update of Browser in Smarthub). No known way to avoid it, but it shouldn't happen more than "sometimes" :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
barrymossel
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by barrymossel »

Took me quite long to figure out how to root again and to turn off the vusb & mount my shares manually (much faster and always works). But now I made myself some instructions for the next time.

Is not updating the Smart Hub an option? Or does it update by itself?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

barrymossel wrote:Is not updating the Smart Hub an option? Or does it update by itself?
No, not an option. TV decides by itself, before root access, so nothing can be done.

Btw, you can regularly save your 128mb.xfs (as soon as you do changes to scripts for example) and just replace it on USB if ever you need to re-root. That way you can instantly get back your previous state :)
barrymossel
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by barrymossel »

Ah thanks! Didn't know that!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Sorry, edited above, I had given 128mb.xfs path for public root (too used to...), yours is simply on USB.
I even wonder if simply relaunching "Install SamyGo" widget shoudn't do the job in your case to recover root if you loose it :)
barrymossel
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by barrymossel »

Hmm, I am wondering now when the widget appears, as I believe it dissapears after install. Will just backup the 128mb.xfs file and will see next time I loose root.
baldy
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by baldy »

Hello,
is here anyone with UE50ES6710 with T-MST10DEUC @ 1033.1 FW ? I try to make root according to instruction on 1st post, but when i start samygo from smart HUB, samygo script go to loop until i turn off TV.

any advice would be appreciated
ue55F7000
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

baldy wrote:is here anyone with UE50ES6710 with T-MST10DEUC @ 1033.1 FW ? I try to make root according to instruction on 1st post, but when i start samygo from smart HUB, samygo script go to loop until i turn off TV.
1ST POST wrote:If ever installation widget restarts endlessly: Leave your SamyGO_data as it is but put there some (any) file named samyext4.img and try F-MST method. It might help.
Actually better follow that procedure from scratch.
Even better: use public Skype root, since your fw allows it. :)
Threadtom
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Threadtom »

I do the robot procedure for my F6800 WITH MST12, when i restart the TV, FTP etc don't work.I Aldo do the other procedure in the article but there is no robot...help me please

Return to “[F] Software”