[Ended][ROOT] H "Skype" root (FW<=Dec.2014, all T-GFS)

Here are software that related with Samsung H series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

Hight0wer
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] Rooting H series (updated 25/06/2015)

Post by Hight0wer »

Hi there,
I have easily rooted my UE48H6670, T-MST14DEUC-2117.5.
I didn't even have to unplug the power cable, thanks for the work you did!

I have rooted my TV just to decode my recordings using PVRDecoder. It's fine that I can remove the rooting USB (with TV turned off) because with root enabled it still restarts from time to time when watching DVB-T channels and everytime I use Youtube or DS Video (video player for Synology NAS).
Even with the rooting USB unplugged it seems to me that TV is still not stable in Youtube and DS Video, but I have to do some further testing before I can be sure.
Anyway it will be nice when someone would write a steps how to revert back the rooting method not even for the guys who want to use Skype again. Just for the case that it proofs that some TVs become unstable even with rooting USB unplugged. Something like delete these folders using ftp, uninstall SamyGo app, do a factory reset, disable OTN and OTA again..

I can imagine that I will do the root once a year, decode the new recordings and revert the root back.
UE48H6670, T-MST14DEUC-2117.5 (rooted)
robertrau1
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by robertrau1 »

please help me to root UE40H6670, T-MST14DEUC-2790.1. Because I have latest firmweare it is impossible root it.
Hight0wer
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Hight0wer »

Ok, the TV is not stable even with all the USBs unplugged. I need to remove the root as soon as I will decode the last few files using PVRDecoder.
  • The DS Video app is unusable - sometimes it freezes before loading the app, sometimes before playing the video and normally after about 20 minutes of switching off the TV and trying to play some film again I succeed, the video works, but the TV stops to respond to the remote (except the power button, not even volume up/down works).
  • Youtube works, but after 1-3 minutes it crashes and closes. Sometimes this happends also on the second time and when I launch the app for the third time, it works ok (at least for 30 minutes).
  • Even when we watch only the DVB-T channels, the TV reboots approximately twice a day.
Could you please tell me, what more can I do than to change twice the smart hub region (or do the factory reset in service menu)? I know that some files resist in the TV after that, could I delete them somehow?
Should I also delete the InstallSamyGo-H app in smart hub? Could you please tell me in which order should I do the operations to get the best result (as close to state before the root as possible) with the less chance to mess something up?
I know I have to disable OTN and OTA again after that (I have also disabled the updates in the router before).
Thanks for any help.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

In your place I would change the fw. IMHO it's best to use lowest possible firmware :) I have almost same tv and no problems like you have :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
RypeDub

Post by RypeDub »

I did everything you said, got the confirmation and ran the .bat file and rebooted.

Now what? What is the login info for SSH? I want to browse the TV's storage, how do I do that?

And yes: OTA is blocked at the Router AND in my service menu all SWU and OTA are OFF/Disabled
55" Samsung 4K uHD Smart TV Model Number UN55HU6830 Running Firmware Version T-NT14UAKUC-1130.8

Rooted ;)
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

I just LOVE to help :)
RypeDub wrote:I did everything you said, got the confirmation and ran the .bat file and rebooted.
Not related to this thread :)
RypeDub wrote:Now what? What is the login info for SSH? I want to browse the TV's storage, how do I do that?
Not related to this thread :)
RypeDub wrote:And yes: OTA is blocked at the Router AND in my service menu all SWU and OTA are OFF/Disabled
OTN is what we like ;) Anyway not related to this thread (definitely NOT related to your problem) :lol:
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
Hight0wer
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Hight0wer »

sectroyer wrote:In your place I would change the fw. IMHO it's best to use lowest possible firmware :) I have almost same tv and no problems like you have :)
Ok, I can try this, but I guess you don't use the DS Video app. Now I tried to open it (five times) and it crashed during loading everytime. After TV restart the app loaded, I have opened a movie in SD quality and it worked, but it stoped to respond to the remote (this is the better result, ussually it crashes before the video loads). I guess the problem is, that the app needs a connection to the network drive and that's what SamyGo also offers and tries to hack this process. Is there something I can try to change in settings (for example disaple samba) or it shouldn't make any difference to the TV after unplugging the rooting USB?
The other problems doesn't occur everytime. The TV didn't restarted itself in last two days when I watched the DVB-T channels. Youtube crashed once yesterday, but today it works without a problem.

What firmware version do you use? I had some problems with youtube in previous versions. It didn't play the videos in Full HD (if it was possible) and in the oldest versions I had the youtube in Swedish language even when I had smart hub language set to czech. Both problems dissapeared after some updates.
blackbox
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by blackbox »

i have test new Firmware T-GFSDEUC_1290.2 on H6600 InstallSamyGO-H (Skype root) works (unstabel) :mrgreen:
skype root make Problem, after reboot ftp not works :(
nc works ok
UE48H6600 - T-GFSDEUC_1230.4 - SamyGO by mihd (stabel) and Oscam SVN r11399 Support.... :D
UE46ES6300 - T-MST10PDEUC_2007.0 SamyGO (stabel) and Oscam SVN r11399 Support.... :D
UE55J5550SU - T-HKMFDEUC_1480.4 - SamyGO and Oscam SVN r11399 Support....
!!!! Block OTN Update with Rooter !!!!
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

blackbox wrote:i have test new Firmware T-GFSDEUC_1290.2 on H6600 InstallSamyGO-H (Skype root) works (unstabel) :mrgreen:
skype root make Problem, after reboot ftp not works :(
nc works ok
Well good anything works at all :) Just root using any method and downgrade :D
blackbox
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by blackbox »

On T-GFSDEUC 1290.2 is only skype root ok (unstabel) and you can downgrade to older T-GFSDEUC 1220.4 firmware is possible
wifi or skype root on (1220.4) is again ok, i have tested it :)

The wifi method will not works for 1290.2 root,
it will test again on next weekend on (1290.2) With wifi method, have more time for Experiments.
No risk no fun :mrgreen:

regards
BlackBox
UE48H6600 - T-GFSDEUC_1230.4 - SamyGO by mihd (stabel) and Oscam SVN r11399 Support.... :D
UE46ES6300 - T-MST10PDEUC_2007.0 SamyGO (stabel) and Oscam SVN r11399 Support.... :D
UE55J5550SU - T-HKMFDEUC_1480.4 - SamyGO and Oscam SVN r11399 Support....
!!!! Block OTN Update with Rooter !!!!

Return to “[H] Software”