PVR functions in firmware 3xxx on LExxB650 or similar

Here is information about customize your B series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

geo650
Official SamyGO Developer

PVR functions in firmware 3xxx on LExxB650 or similar

Post by geo650 »

One person asked me if PVR app would work with firmware 3000 on LExxB650. Certainly, I answered that it is impossible because Samsung removed PVR functions from that firmware. But after one minute I have found that these functions might be extracted and moved to the new one or moved to our PVR application. Can anyone do such thing? I know it may be hard to do, but it would allow people with 3xxx firmware to use PVR functionality. What do you think?
P.S. I am not going to do this (simply, I cannot). I am using 2005.0 firmware.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: PVR functions in firmware 3xxx on LExxB650 or similar

Post by juusso »

Its simple to upgrade to 3001.1 and check that. After tests you can roll back by flashing images by hand. I made few times such manipulation to check u-boot, Image and fnw restoring by firmware upgrade.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
geo650

Post by geo650 »

I didn't mean I cannot upgrade or rollback. I cannot extract PVR functions from older exeDSP (I suppose, all these functions reside in that binary file). That's my idea. To extract these functions and implement in our PVR application to make it compatible with 3xxx firmwares.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Geo650, it's not impossible. It's similar to move a C code from one file to another. Problem is that "pvr" code is in ASM and hardly linked to other function addresses.This why you cannot move codes easily. It's could moved but it require big amount of work... Simple one is better. Instead of trying to support 3xxx versions, It's easier to revert firmware to older version. So 3xxx users needed to be revert their sets for use that application. Might be we could produce "auto revert" program for TVs that sold with 3xxx firmwares... It automatically reverts firmware and regenerates hashes at CI+ series to defeat authld. I think this will be much more easier than moving codes in binary...
geo650

Post by geo650 »

erdem_ua wrote:Geo650, it's not impossible. It's similar to move a C code from one file to another. Problem is that "pvr" code is in ASM and hardly linked to other function addresses.This why you cannot move codes easily. It's could moved but it require big amount of work... Simple one is better. Instead of trying to support 3xxx versions, It's easier to revert firmware to older version. So 3xxx users needed to be revert their sets for use that application. Might be we could produce "auto revert" program for TVs that sold with 3xxx firmwares... It automatically reverts firmware and regenerates hashes at CI+ series to defeat authld. I think this will be much more easier than moving codes in binary...
Many people are waiting for such simple "reverting" application.
I didn't look inside exeDSP and PVR functions. If it is like you described, then you are right and it is too hard to make it. Unless we have full specification for Arsenal/Chelsea chips. :mrgreen:
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

I placed a script for Bash. It reverts older firmware by forcing TV. I don't put that script to a content utility format but I think it's easy to re-use existing applications to run that script... But this required alternative firmware is not restricted...

I don't enter to forcing flash firmware by automatic way. This will require older image in disk. Might be generated easy since Firmware Patcher supports decryption of appdata and exe.img files but user needed to put required firmware to utility's director.. App needed to make cross check TV's firmware with bash script before forcing update. It's highly possible for C series. But who will make it? :) Don't look at me. I am on some big fishe tail this days and needed to earn some money for life...

I don't know how to regenerate hashes for CI+ series. I think some users reproduce that hashes but I might be wrong.

Return to “[B] Firmware”