[ROOT] H "Network" root (FW<=Oct.2015, no T-GFS)

Here are software that related with Samsung H series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: [!!!] Rooting H on latest firmwares

Post by sectroyer »

Nah. There is NO "H crash on samba". There is ONLY (some?) "H crash on samba on virtual usb" so do NOT use virtual USB :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
dusf
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by dusf »

Sectroyer, I would like to be able to stream using Samba. Is there nothing you can do to fix Virtual USB, or anything I can do?

Or is there any other way to stream to the Samsung TV WITHOUT a set top box or plugging something in etc?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
UE32H5500 - firmware: 2130
UE32J
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Ehh you don't get :) You want to "stream using Samba" or "Streaming using samba on Virtual USB" ? :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
dusf
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by dusf »

sectroyer wrote:Ehh you don't get :) You want to "stream using Samba" or "Streaming using samba on Virtual USB" ? :)
Sectyroyer, I want to stream using Samba to my Samsung withtout having to connect another device, just like I have been for years using File CD Gadget.

I am happy to use File CD Gadget or Virtual USB if you can fix whatever the problem is with them. Every other device in our home can stream no problem from the Samba server, phones, tablets, PCs, Nvidia Shield, and laptops. The only device that crashes is the Samsung UE32H5500 running SamyGo Virtual USB.

Please fix the problem with it and/or suggest how I can stream.
UE32J
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Finally so if you want to "stream using Samba" and NOT "Streaming using samba on virtual USB" do NOT use virtual usb :) works as a charm. It was explained on forum multiple times :)
dusf
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by dusf »

sectroyer wrote:Finally so if you want to "stream using Samba" and NOT "Streaming using samba on virtual USB" do NOT use virtual usb :) works as a charm. It was explained on forum multiple times :)
So you solution is just not to use Samba with the TV unless I connect a set top box runnning Kodi etc?
UE32J
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Nope :) My solution is to use Samba with TV just NOT Samba with TV with Virtual USB :) How many times do I have to repeat same stuff ? :D

P.S.
My solution to ANYTHING is to NEVER use Kodi :)
robertrau1
SamyGO Project Donor

smygo activated but not work

Post by robertrau1 »

I installed SamyGO for Samsung UE40H6670, software T-MST14DEUC-2750.3 so is before 279, but can not connect on FileZilla with my IP 192.168.0.6.

Who can help me?
thanks
sectroyer

Re: smygo activated but not work

Post by sectroyer »

robertrau1 wrote: Who can help me?
Only you. I would start by reading first post. ESPECIALLY "how to ask for help" part :)
robertrau1
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by robertrau1 »

Return to “[H] Software”