Problems with TV's UDN *UPDATED-FIXED*

Here for general support for B series TVs, request and problem solve area.

lever2k2

Problems with TV's UDN *UPDATED-FIXED*

Post by lever2k2 »

UPDATE (1/22/10):
After scouring the 'Net for a solution to my issue, I finally managed to find someone who could send me the beta USB version of the FW on my TV. I only requested it because I thought there was an inherent encryption blocking me from ever copying to TV memory again. Well, I tried updating the firmware from USB and it recognized the firmware. After going through the upgrade, I can NOW copy SamyGO apps to memory again. And I am finally able to telnet into my TV. If anyone has the same TV or firmware as I do and is having the problems I mentioned before, here's a link to the firmware. This version is a beta version that Samsung secretly sent to users having display problems a couple of months ago. The only difference I see between this version (1009.0) and the one officially pushed by Samsung (1009.2) is that this one brought my functionality back.

http://netload.in/dateiD333tKW4pp/Samsu ... 09.zip.htm

Hello, all. I have a UN55B8500. I have been struggling for the past couple of months to get network streaming to work satisfactorily on this television. I originally started with TVersity and very shortly thereafter installed SamyGO extensions to work in conjunction with it. While SamyGO did create the virtual UPnP device, I was not able to see any of my files after initiating it. Going through TVersity is a pain because, while it does transcode any videos with the correct aspect ratio properly, it does not allow me to FF or RW over DLNA. Further research of different forums led me to trying to edit the Samba .init file to include my PC's username and password. I uninstalled the app from my TV, downloaded another copy of SamyGO extenstions, and then edited the file with Notepad++. That all was done with no problem.

The problem I am having is that my TV will not allow me to copy the app to the Content Library anymore. It tells me "Not encrypted with your UDN." When I try to run the file straight from USB it says "Not Available!". The only notable change in setup was a recent software upgrade Samsung sent to the TV. Is anyone familiar with these messages? Could they be related to the software upgrade? Is there a way I can stop this strict enforcement of UDN encryption? All I did was remove everything and try to start from scratch, and now I can't start at all. I appreciate any help you can provide.
Last edited by lever2k2 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
aquadran

Re: Problems with TV's UDN

Post by aquadran »

samito13 wrote:
Worked very well for video on my Samsung LN46B650. That was, of course, when I was running firmware version 1016. For some reason, I went ahead and let the TV install the firmware update, version 1017, via its internet connection.
samsung support with 1012.3, how you get 1016/1017 version ? are you sure you have LN46B650 ?
lever2k2

Post by lever2k2 »

kenny637 wrote:
lever2k2 wrote:The problem I am having is that my TV will not allow me to copy the app to the Content Library anymore. It tells me "Not encrypted with your UDN." When I try to run the file straight from USB it says "Not Available!". The only notable change in setup was a recent software upgrade Samsung sent to the TV. Is anyone familiar with these messages? Could they be related to the software upgrade? Is there a way I can stop this strict enforcement of UDN encryption? All I did was remove everything and try to start from scratch, and now I can't start at all. I appreciate any help you can provide.
I'm having the same problems as you, but I'm lucky enough to still have a working copy of samygo game on my tv. I'm curious if you could copy the telnet app to the tv and telnet in to copy the files for samba server. Since yours isn't working anyhow, what could it hurt to try it?
Thanks for the suggestion. I actually tried that, but was unsuccessful. It would not work at all when running it as a "Game", so I tried placing it on the USB as a "Gallery" with the clmeta.dat change suggested in other threads. When doing so, I would get a black screen that would not go away until I pressed [Source] on the remote. Telnet never enabled when stuck on the black screen.

One thing I did notice, however, is that the TV still allows SamyGO Telnet Enabler to be copied to it as a gallery. The UDN warning has only popped up when running it as a game. How useful that info is, I don't know.
lever2k2

Post by lever2k2 »

And thanks also samito13 for echoing your concerns about this problem on this site and others. It's definitely gratifying to know I'm not the only person seeing this problem. I wish I was more careful about accepting updates from Samsung, but I didn't think that something as non-intrusive as SamyGO Extensions would be affected by it. Contacting them for a copy of the previous firmware has proven useless. They ignore the major issue (I don't like your new firmware and my TV's ability to revert back has been removed!) and push their product (Please download our newest version of Samsung PC Share Manager for DLNA support.) With this much money spent on this TV, as well as the UN40B7000, I hoped I could just buy it and enjoy everything "legitimately." But since buying it, I've hacked 2 wireless routers to avoid purchasing Wi-Fi dongles and it now looks like I'll be hacking a lot more. This TV now travels the same path as my jailbroken iPhone.

Return to “[B] Support”