Discrete IR code for Game Mode

Here for general support for D series TVs, request and problem solve area.

idbirch
SamyGO Project Donor

Discrete IR code for Game Mode

Post by idbirch »

As an AV Receiver user, all my devices connect via HdMI to the receiver and then a single HDMI cable to the TV so my TV is always on HDMI2. Whenever I play Xbox or PS3, I need to enable game mode but Samusung hide the option so deep in the menus! A discrete code was missing in the B series so I was really disappointed when I found Samsung hadn't fixed this annoying problem on the D series.

So, what I'm getting to is can any of you clever SamyGO devs come up with a way of quickly toggling Game Mode without going through Samsung's 20 menu options?
Gia90

Re: Discrete IR code for Game Mode

Post by Gia90 »

I've searched for it, but i don't think there's a direct code to set Game Mode.

Anyway, try to read the info at this link:
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-R ... d-p/279680
Hope it helps.
Hacking is not a crime!
UE40D7000, UE19D4003@D5005, BD-D5300
jgkquinn

Re: Discrete IR code for Game Mode

Post by jgkquinn »

I am also an AV Receiver user, and this issue has plagued me since I purchased my Samsung. I have contacted Samsung directly, and I have been told that no discrete command exists. It is quite annoying to toggle game mode through the menu-- so much so, that I probably won't buy another Samsung TV until they fix this issue.

Side note-- what I really don't get is why they can't just fix this with a firmware update. The problem is well-known, and there are plenty of people complaining about it across multiple message boards. Shame on Samsung!

Return to “[D] Support”