Bluetooth keyboard on non-bluetooth TV

Here for general support for E series TVs, request and problem solve area.

bozghiyy

Bluetooth keyboard on non-bluetooth TV

Post by bozghiyy »

Hello,

I was reading the forum from some time, I cannot say I understand everything but I am trying to.
I am curious of your opinion if there is any possibility to make this work:
My TV is 40EH5450 and am trying to connect (pair) a wireless Bluetooth keyboard (VG-KBD1500/XU). I know that Samsung says is not compatible but I am trying to make it work with a USB Bluetooth adapter.
At this point I think the Tv doesn't know how to use the USB BT adapter to pair the keyboard. I am not sure if there is any solution for this, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Bluetooth keyboard on non-bluetooth TV

Post by juusso »

until now we don`t have any bt keyboard working on ANY of E series samsung tv`s.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
bozghiyy

Post by bozghiyy »

I understand, thank you for you answer.
bozghiyy

Post by bozghiyy »

Sorry guys, to bother you again with the same problem. I contacted my retailer to give me a solution to make this keyboard work, and recommended me the USB WiFi dongle Samsung WIS12ABGNX. I don't see how this could work, since the keyboard is on bluetooth and the dongle is WIFI. Am I wrong, is it possible to work?

Thanks again.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

WIS12ABGNX definitely is wifi dongle. Don`t know why it shoudl work with keyboard. BUT i should tell you on the market are some logitech keyboards(Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400) which works on samsung TV`s. By saying "any bt keyboard" i meant - any normal keyboard, which normally works with pc. So you`re free to buy special keyboards designed to work with Samsung TV`s...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
E3V3A

Post by E3V3A »

I have a KeySonic KSK-3201 (US), which is a BT micro-dongle based keyboard. Works like a charm!

Also, I have good reasons to believe that most 2012 E/ES model boards, have BT built in, even if not activated. Reason is that some lower end ES models seem to have 3D possibility which is also inactivated. All 3D models are connecting to active 3D glasses via Bluetooth. I think checking and carefully experimenting with "BT" setting in the Service Menu might give us some clues. while checking debug console (ExLink).
HW: UE40ES5700SXXH
FW: T-MST10PDEUC-1029.0 Onboot: 1003
ssch1034

Post by ssch1034 »

Guys,

In the Option overview there is clearly visible whether you have an bluetooth device in your TV. It would come up with a number
saying ...(taken of snapshot of ES6300, posted on our forum)
echo fs : 0x0052
Bluetooth: 1.2.14.482
or similar.

I also tried to connect a BT keyboard (I just didn't do my research on which model supports what features) and
went in to the service menu and enabled "BT Support" to "ON", which can be found in the Config Options of
the main Control Menu. (you have to enable the full service features with "factory" +"3speed" and I am not sure,
but I guess you also have to press 4 times "0" (zero) to activate this feature.

Once you have done this and have managed to get access to this menu, move to the "BT Support" spot and turn this
feature "ON". Now the scary bit: go back into the SVC menu and you'll find "BT UPGRADE" and activate a
FIRMWARE upgrade by pressing either left or right keys (as opposed to the up and down keys).

A small window pops up and asks you if you would like to upgrade this bluetooth module. Then its starts downloading
and - after a while - (BE PATIENT!!) the window disappears. WHAT happened ???

Leave the service menu and you'll see under setup and device management a greyed out button "adding bluetooth device" (or similar).

However, my TV is missing this piece of hardware, which means that I have upgraded the software, but as long as there is nothing to control
a bluetooth keyboard still does not work. Unless I get a scrapped or broken higher model and take out a bluetooth module and put into my TV.

So to keep th long story short: don't bother with a software upgrade if you don't have the bluetooth module in your telly,
which you can easily find out on the first page upon entering into the service menu.

Kind Regards
Stefan
KAC

Post by KAC »

juuso wrote:until now we don`t have any bt keyboard working on ANY of E series samsung tv`s.
I'm not sure this is an issue for anyone still but I have a PN51E550 that has Bluetooth that I am able to connect a apple imac keyboard to.
sarahz

Post by sarahz »

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback. Glad you got it working. I must take a closer look at this and try and work out why it does not work the other way around!
tyrenta

Post by tyrenta »

ssch1034 wrote: Leave the service menu and you'll see under setup and device management a greyed out button "adding bluetooth device" (or similar).

However, my TV is missing this piece of hardware, which means that I have upgraded the software, but as long as there is nothing to control
a bluetooth keyboard still does not work. Unless I get a scrapped or broken higher model and take out a bluetooth module and put into my TV.

So to keep th long story short: don't bother with a software upgrade if you don't have the bluetooth module in your telly,
which you can easily find out on the first page upon entering into the service menu.

Kind Regards
Stefan
Could adding a BT dongle like this http://www.newegg.com/Network-Bluetooth ... ory/ID-295 and enabling BT in the service menu work? Or does the BT chip have to be built into the board?

I'm in the same boat -- I have a KBD1500 that was purchased for an EH5300 w/o checking compatibility first, and wondering if there is anyway to get it to work, though it only seems worthwhile if it wouldn't be crippled. The nice thing about that keyboard are the additional hotkeys that mimic the remote for TV functions (volume, smart hub, menu, etc.). Too late to return it in any case so I'm just seeing if any way to get some use out of it....

thanks for any feedback

Return to “[E] Support”