Remote Control Eats Battery in a Day (Home Theater)

Samsung's BluRay player related hacks.

Timmy1024

Remote Control Eats Battery in a Day (Home Theater)

Post by Timmy1024 »

Hi there,

I got me a new HT-F9730W and the remote control eats the batteries in just one day, while I haven't even touched it. The batteries are good and new, I've bought several alkalines, some good rechargeable too (Sony Cycle Energy) but no matter what, the remote ends up dead in a day / couple of days. Of couse, nothing is above it pressing any buttons or something like that.

Any idea what the problem might be? A short circuit inside eating power? Any help?

Thanks for your awesome support, regards.
Lordbyte
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Remote Control Eats Battery in a Day (Home Theater)

Post by Lordbyte »

I have seen this before.
Is your remote control with keypad (also called mousepad) ?
Some of the remotes with mousepad, is constructed in such a way that 2 sheets of metal-foil can touch each other
even when NO pressure is applied. This happens if the mousepad has had pressure applied to it from a sharp edge or whatever.
A small indentation is made into the mousepad, and it will eat your batteries forever, until you open op the remote and fix the metal-foils :-)
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
Timmy1024

Post by Timmy1024 »

Thanks for your quick reply LordByte!

No, it's not the one with the touchpad. That's the one of my TV (UN55F8000) and, ironically, works great! :D The remote is the item code AH59-02538B. The only "geeky" thing that it has is NFC, but that should use battery at all until another device gets close to it.

Here is a nice picture of the remote:

Is there anything I could try? I don't even know how to open it, as it doesn't have visible screws and I think I'd have to pry the plastic open with bare force and I'm quite scared to destroy it! :lol:

Thanks again
Lordbyte

Post by Lordbyte »

I have this remote too ... and there is no "logical" reason it should "burn" batteries.
I dident know it contained a NFC .. Are you sure?
To me it looks like its internal circutry only does infra-red signals.
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
Timmy1024

Post by Timmy1024 »

If yours is the same item number, then it has NFC. It's even stated in the manual. The NFC thing should be used to pair up your smartphone to the Bluetooth of the device without manually having to do it. if you look on the back of the remote, then it'd have the NFC logo too.

By the way, have you managed to open it? Would you let me know how you did it?

Thanks
Lordbyte

Post by Lordbyte »

For $16.00 you get a brand new one .. http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Replace ... B00KRA1FGQ
Do yourself a favour, - dont waiste time trying to fix something that cost $16.00 :-)

To open up the remote, you can use mostly any size hammer on mostly any hard surface :-)
Timmy1024

Post by Timmy1024 »

Sadly I live in a crappy third world country where I don't have access to any of those awesome sites. 16 USD is really cheap but to get them here (shipping + customs + wishing doesn't get stolen) costs me something like 100 USD actually. I'm really lucky to have gotten one of these Home Theaters here; probably there are less than 5 in the whole damn country.

So... if I could open it, that would be great ;)

Thanks

Return to “BluRay Players”