the pain of decrypting recordings on that weird H6600

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

blendstylez
SamyGO Project Donor

the pain of decrypting recordings on that weird H6600

Post by blendstylez »

as the topic speaks, how do i dismiss the root, to come back to a clean standard firmware without root rights?
and of course without doing an update?!

i think that reinstalling the firware over the update funktion won't do the job, because i did that with an downgrade and didn't lose the root..

please give me advice :)
Last edited by blendstylez on Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
blendstylez
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: how to remove root

Post by blendstylez »

why does nobody reply?
im sure you folks know how to do it..so why not tellingme?
Lordbyte
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by Lordbyte »

This is somewhat outside my area of expertise, but I seem to remember
that I read somewhere that you should simply delete the app from smartHUB.

After a power-cycle every trace of the root should then be gone.
Be sure to get newest root-kit before you try again.
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
blendstylez
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by blendstylez »

thx for replying Lordbyte, but i can remember that we should never ever remove the advice from the TV, i dont know what can happen, if things go wrong in this case..
who wrote the rooting methods? they should know, shouldn't they?

am i really the first one who asks this question? can't be, can it? :)
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

blendstylez wrote:am i really the first one who asks this question? can't be, can it? :)
No, it already has been asked many times, that's why you get no answer :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
blendstylez
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by blendstylez »

zoelechat wrote: No, it already has been asked many times, that's why you get no answer :)
oh that's nice! :roll:
maybe u are so kind and at least tell me what keyword i have to search for?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

First: Which root method are you talking about?
Mostly: unplug USB, done. is the procedure :)

ps: Extras section is not referenced in search engine, so there are NO keywords to search :P
Lordbyte
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by Lordbyte »

@blendstylez,

If it seems to you, that the enviroment here can be a bit "harsh", its due to people here acting all helpless.

Developers here on the board want to see active users, that does a minimum of research themselves.

I asure you that its not personal.

You will notice that people here from time to time recieve massive support, but only after the person
in need of help have "proven themselves" :-)

This forum is for researchers and developers, and much less for "plain" users that simply comes in saying
"Gimme root and decoder asslocks".

If these root-products were sold for money, you would of cause have a justified claim for support.
Can we see your invoice, please ? :-) (oh, and donations dosent count except to keep this board running)

Every developer / researcher here works for FREE, so they themselves deside working-hours, and what support
they wish to provide to any individual user. Approach them with respect, and let them understand that you are not
exerting ANY pressure.

Finally, I must say that I feel a bit down about not being to help you better. If everything else fails, you might
offer a developer remote access to your network, so they can debug your TV directly ... just saying :-)
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
blendstylez
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by blendstylez »

no problem Lordbyte, i again fully understand what u're saying, and that is why i allways say that i am really thankfull for any advice or help i get, and i really mean this!
i am a technican as well, but my work is not related to linux, and my knowledge in linux are basics only..but this has nothing to do with the fact, that i am completly new to working on TV's...and as allways i want to get myself an overview over all possibilities and what i have to do if this or that is happening...
the documentation here is good, but mostly the really important information for me, like what can happen when this or that is going wrong, or what to do if nothing else helps, these infos are mostly missing...and then allways these warnings in big letters, beware u can brick your device!!!
so i am beware! and ask for what i need to know bevor i do any step..

i understand that the structure here on the board did grow over the months or years...but i have to get used to the fact that a tutorial i am searching for my H series TV, is in the F Series Topic section...i know the PVRdecoder was once developed for E/F series and did later support H series as well, but for a newbie it is all a little difficult...espcially when i try to search the board for a keyword, and get as result more over a 100 hits, if the search itself doesn't say that there are to much results to display..

so if all doesn't help, i try to formulate a very clear question, where a short answer for a knowing person should take only a few seconds to help me..

zoelechat wrote:First: Which root method are you talking about?
Mostly: unplug USB, done. is the procedure :)

ps: Extras section is not referenced in search engine, so there are NO keywords to search :P
See this is again confusing! in every tutorial is said, never ever unplug the USB stick from your TV, or u might brick your TV..
and now you tell me to do so! i DO believe you and thank you for your advice, but this leaves an unsure feeling on my side..

beside all technical plays and tries, i have to allways be sure that i keep the risk for bricking my TV as low as possible, and if the risk gets to high i should stop..i have to decide as far as i want to go...and for this decission i need to have an overview again :)

whatever guys, dont get me wrong, i love the work u all do here in this board, and i know that this happens beside your normal live and job and Family..i am really thankfull, really!

i am at the moment at hard pain because my teeth driving me crazy, but i hope i made myself clear, and offended nobody!
Thank you all for your hard work for the community, and for me as a part of it! really thank you!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

blendstylez wrote:See this is again confusing! in every tutorial is said, never ever unplug the USB stick from your TV, or u might brick your TV..
Never seen such warning. Sure it's confusing if you confuse or read between lines where there's nothing to read :)
The only mentioned possible brick case is about factory reset and latest H root. Otherwise I see:
DON'T EXPECT HACK TO BE WORKING CORRECTLY IF YOU EVER UNPLUG ROOTING USB
Boot TV with USB -> rooted
Boot TV without USB -> unrooted

If you're looking for a permanent way to unroot, just upgrade to latest firmware :mrgreen:

ps: I didn't feel that disrepectful, maybe a bit sarcastic as usual, but no more ;)

Return to “[H] Support”